News and Events
On July 15, 2015, the Rockville Town Council gave consent and approval for Curbside Residential Recycling services BluCan) to be made available to the property owners of Rockville. What does this mean for you?
First, with BluCan you can recycle paper, plastic, metal and cardboard. BluCan is affordable, slightly more than the cost of a gallon of gas. It will hold up to 94 gallons of recycled materials and is picked up curbside twice a month. This service is scheduled to begin early 2016.
Second, if you do not wish to participate in BluCan you have 60 days to opt out beginning September 1 through October 31, 2015. Please note that this window will be the only time that residents will be able to opt out. Beginning September 1, 2015 customers have two ways to opt out: 1) complete the form above and return it to the Town Office by October 31, 2015; 2) or in person at the Rockville Town Office. All opt out options must be in writing.
- Only an owner of a residence may elect to opt out of curbside residential recycling collection service.
- The election to opt out of curbside residential recycling collection service shall continue in effect until such time that said election is terminated by:
- The owner of the residence requests in writing that the election to opt out of curbside residential recycling collection service be cancelled or rescinded,
- Ownership of said residence is transferred to another person or entity through sale or other transfer, or
- A change is made in the designation of the person or entity responsible for payment of utility service.
- Residences shall be deemed to be a participating residence in the curbside residential recycling program if the owner does not elect to opt out.
- Fees for the curbside residential recycling collection service shall be billed on a quarterly basis along with the residential waste billing. The base rate is $3.82/home, after WCSW hits 70% participation from all participating cities as a whole then the rate drops to $2.94/home.
- To learn more about BluCan, visit www.blucan.org or contact the Town Office at (435) 772-0992.
HISTORIC ROCKVILLE BRIDGE FUND
There is local support to do a thorough restoration of the historic Rockville Bridge but this is an ambitious project and the Town's resources are limited. Funds are currently needed for the cost of hiring the engineering company to begin the detailed analysis this Spring. If you wish to make a donation to the Historic Rockville Bridge Fund, please visit this Rockville link.
2015 ROCKVILLE TOWN SURVEY
The 2015 Rockville Town Survey Presentation and Final Report are now available on this website.
UTAH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
The Utah Geological Survey, (a division of the Utah Department of Natural Resources), has conducted an extensive investigation of the tragic rock fall that occurred in Rockville last December. The detailed report (and map) that identifies and addresses rock fall hazard areas in Rockville has been published and is available to Rockville residents and property owners electronically upon request at the Town Office.
Please note that the report and map gives an overall view of potential rock fall hazard areas and is not meant as a property or site specific geologic study.
Contact Town Clerk Elaine Harris at (435) 772-0992 or by email at email@example.com if you would like the electronic report emailed to you. Hard copies will be made available for a fee of $10 by signing up at the Town Office. A hard copy is also available for review in the Town Office and the Springdale Library.
- May 15, 2015 Edition
- February 15, 2015 Edition
- November 15, 2014 Edition
- August 15, 2014 Edition
- May 15, 2014 Edition
- February 15, 2014 Edition
- November 15, 2013 Edition
- August 15, 2013 Edition
- May 15, 2013 Edition
- February 15, 2013 Edition
- November 15, 2012 Edition
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS FOR 2015
Pursuant to Section 52-4-202, Utah Code Annotated 1953, the Town of Rockville hereby gives notice of the meeting schedules for the Rockville Planning Commission and Town Council.
The Town of Rockville Planning Commission will meet on the following dates at the designated time and place for the calendar year 2015 unless otherwise posted. The Planning Commission usually meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the RockvilleCommunity Center, 43 E. Main, Rockville, Utah. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO SCHEDULED MEETING IN DECEMBER.
August 11 September 8
October 13 November 10 Dec No Meeting
The Town of Rockville Town Council will meet on the following dates at the designated time and place for the calendar year 2015 unless otherwise posted. The Town Council usually meets on the Wednesday following the second Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Rockville Community Center, 43 E. Main, Rockville, Utah.
August 12 September 9
October 14 November 12 December 9
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL TOWN MEETINGS. If you need a special accommodation to participate in Town Meetings, please call the Town Clerk, Elaine Harris, at 772-0992 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time.
Elaine M. Harris